Old 20-05-2003, 08:20 PM
jammer

Default Electricity and Update

Be careful. I understand the DRIVE, because i did it last AUGUST in
TEXAS by myself. Keep chugging that water all night long and if you
feel overcome with tired, give it a rest. I dont know your heat and
humidity factor, but last june in only 94 degrees but humid, and it
was cloudy, I succumbed to heat exhaustion after 4 hours of pulling
weeds.

On Tue, 20 May 2003 19:10:27 GMT, "Sue Alexandre"
wrote:

Hi everyone, and thank you to all of you who answered my question about
electricity. Since we have a 3-day weekend coming up, I guess I'll do it
right and dig a trench. Something tells me I won't be getting to that
stage today.

I started digging this morning at 10:00 a.m., and I've just come in now to
get some nourishment (3:00 p.m.) I have a feeling I'm going to be a very
sick puppy tonight/tomorrow..... I have been digging and hauling non-stop
for 5 hours in the scorching sun. I keep telling myself to take it easy
and at LEAST put on some sunscreen, but when I set my sights on something, I
don't like to stop for anything, but I always end up paying later. I have
been guzzling water non-stop, and still don't have to use the "facilities"
so I must be sweating it out as fast as I drink it.
Connecticut ground is SO FRUSTRATING to dig in, and especially in THIS yard
with all the trees! Every single shovel full I either hit a rock or hit
a big, thick tree root. I can't believe how much time I've spent trying to
pry out rocks and ax through roots. Actually my biggest hurdle might be the
one that was a blessing in disguise..... I hit a "rock" that I just couldn't
seem to find an end to. When I finally did, it was 19" diameter, round,
and 15" deep. And it had a metal stake sticking out of the middle of it.
It seems the previous owners must have poured a concrete footing or
something right where I was digging, and that was the thing that almost did
me in. But, with this stubborn personality, I was determined it would NOT
stop me from getting my turtle pond. It ended up being a blessing because
when I finally DID get it out, I have a spot that is nice and deep in the
pond.... I haven't measured yet but I'll bet it's 4 feet under ground level.
My little buddy/buddies should be able to overwinter in that round area
pretty nicely, and I figure that's the spot where all the leaves and muck
will accumulate, so they can burrow in there. OK, sorry I got so
chatty.... I'm heading back out before I start to notice how much my muscles
ache!
Sue