Old 21-05-2003, 05:32 AM
Mick Fournier

Default Turned Loose in Orchid Heaven......HAH!

Diana,

I too enjoy the Redlands Orchid show, more so than any other show in Florida
10 times over (as mentioned umpteen times before).

I bought only two plants and a flask at the show. I was quite pleased with
my purchase of Phal Black Peacock from the Taiwan vendor.
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...ckpeacock1.jpg

At dusk this flower is the indeed almost black. I took the above photo in
bright daylight and the flower is obviously dark, dark purple... but around
7 PM at night you would swear it is black.

I have done a sib cross with this plant plus put some of its pollen on a
Phal Everspring (concolor)... I hope these two pods take.

Mick
HBI, Producers of Fine Orchids in Flask
www.OrchidFlask.com