Old 20-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Turned Loose in Orchid Heaven......HAH!

Omigod they let me into the Redland Festival with cash and credit cards!
What a sale! I couldn't believe the prices! It's a good thing I only had
one day to go through the place, because the dozen or so plants we brought
home would no doubt have doubled in number. Anyway, here's the haul
(asterisks indicate "wish list" plants):

*Epi. stamfordiana
*C. percivaliana Prima Vera x self (should be dark form)
*Blc. Copper Queen - in spike
Slc. Jeweler's Art 'Waiomao Plum'
*Ascda. Suksamrad Sunlight - in spike
L. purpurata 'Lady Godiva' x L. purp 'Bion'
Phal. Everspring King x Mushashino - double spike
C. skinneri
*Den. aggregatum (Ten bucks! Bare root, but big!)
*B. culcullata
Pot. Scarlet Dynasty 'Kubla Khan'
*Mtdm. Pupukea Sunset - double spike

Up to my elbows in potting, and nary a complaint!

Diana

Old 21-05-2003, 02:56 AM
tbell

Good buying! Wish I'd been there. You'll have to let us know how they're all
doing in a year or two.
Tom

Old 21-05-2003, 05:32 AM
Mick Fournier

Diana,

I too enjoy the Redlands Orchid show, more so than any other show in Florida
10 times over (as mentioned umpteen times before).

I bought only two plants and a flask at the show. I was quite pleased with
my purchase of Phal Black Peacock from the Taiwan vendor.
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...ckpeacock1.jpg

At dusk this flower is the indeed almost black. I took the above photo in
bright daylight and the flower is obviously dark, dark purple... but around
7 PM at night you would swear it is black.

I have done a sib cross with this plant plus put some of its pollen on a
Phal Everspring (concolor)... I hope these two pods take.

Mick
HBI, Producers of Fine Orchids in Flask
www.OrchidFlask.com

--------------------------------

Old 21-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Reka

Wow! Now what did they cross to get this one? (And how terribly expensive
was it, Mick?)

--
Reka
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
"Mick Fournier" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Diana,

I too enjoy the Redlands Orchid show, more so than any other show in

Florida
10 times over (as mentioned umpteen times before).

I bought only two plants and a flask at the show. I was quite pleased

with
my purchase of Phal Black Peacock from the Taiwan vendor.
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...ckpeacock1.jpg

---

Old 22-05-2003, 09:20 PM
Diana Kulaga

"tbell" wrote in message
Good buying! Wish I'd been there. You'll have to let us know how they're

all doing in a year or two.

I sure will, Tom.

Diana

Old 22-05-2003, 09:32 PM
Diana Kulaga

Mick,

That's gorgeous. I can only imagine the flower that will be produced by
crossing it with Everspring.

Diana

Old 22-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Mick Fournier

Diana,

Yes, I think this will be a good cross. I am positive the dark color will
continue through in the cross... but I am hoping the Everspring will give
the cross the long stand-up spikes and nice multifloral spreads.

Mick

hlink.net...