Old 21-05-2003, 09:20 AM
Lyndon Thomas

Default Potato's in old tires ?

Get a strong plastic sack like a compost sack, put a few inches of compost
on the bottom place your spuds on this and cover with compost, as soon as
the potatoes sprout and come through the compost cover them with more
compost keep doing this until the sack is full. Leave the potatoes to grow
and when the leaves start dying back cut the sack open and you should have a
some good spuds. This is how i grow mine every year with good results.
Lyndon
"Barrie Mather" wrote in message

Mylorace wrote:

Hi, I dont have a lot of space , but want to grow a few spuds , saw

something ,
do not remember where, about successful growing in old car tires, can

someone
please put me on the right track with a website or other info on this

matter,
Thanks in advance
Mylo.

I've tried to make this trick work several times, but without success.

Similarly the one where you put seed potatoes under a couple of feet of

hay

Hope you have better luck than I did.
Barrie