Old 21-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Dave

Default japanese knot weed - how to remove it?

Sorry I've not been following the thread properly, but some folk living
nearby have an outbreak of this stuff and wonder how to get rid of it:

Came across a patch of this growing locally to me yesterday. It's the first
of this dreadful, invasive weed that I've found in Cambridge. I plan to eat
some (it's very like rhubarb, if you get it when it's really small and know
how to prepare it safely) but I'm not planning to single-handedly take the
weed on.

What's the best approach to take to see if our local council/conservation
organisations might be interested in controlling this stuff?

Any ideas anyone please?
--
David