Old 21-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Susan Erickson

Default orchid house roof panels

On Wed, 21 May 2003 06:07:24 -0400, "Ray @ First Rays Orchids"
wrote:

I guess that for me, it's more of a case of the white cover limiting your
degrees of freedom. I can always add shade, but I cannot add transmittance
through the roof!

If I may... The one thing no one has mentioned is that 10 years
or so down the road, unless it is glass, you will have mechanical
damage to the surface which will limit the light transfer. Yes,
polycarbonate sheets are tougher then the fiberglass I first saw
used. Have you seen any in your area that show discoloration or
mechanical stress?

We all figure I will have moved to a bigger and better gh before
the panels will show damage. But having put up a lean to for the
5 years we were to be here, 20 years ago, I doubt the change will
happen on schedule.

So go with the clearest you can to start. Weather, age and shade
cloth will all effect your light in the future.
SuE