Old 21-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Jerrispond

Default Jerri

Do you have any fish in your veggie filter?
I was wondering if I should buy a small fish and stick in there to eat any
mosquito lava or if the flow of the current would just wash the lava into
the bigger pond.

The mosquito larva are found only in still water, so it al depends on how fast
the water moves thru it. I have a couple of gold fish in mine that I guess
the eggs just came up through the pump or something. DO NOT put minnows
anywhere in your pond. I got some in mine on some plants and can not get rid
of them. It is an ongoing battle at one point there were HUNDREDS!!! I
finally got 2 channel cats and they are eating some, but they also eat baby koi
and goldfish....They are a very good method for fish conrtol however. Jerri