Old 21-05-2003, 03:56 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Shareholdes Pond Status

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in
message ...
Hi Jeff,

We went to your site. First time. Looking good!

You are right to wait and see what the WH does. It will
mmmuuuulllltttiiippplllyyy like crazy! As you have no load on the pond

now,
you can easily wait. Congratulations on getting under way. Jim thinks

your
plants will help clear your water.

Keep us posted on progress.

Thanks for the compliments...Personally, I think my pond site is drab, but
I'd rather spend time on the pond, then the pond site. *laugh*

As a further update on status...

Rocks are piled around the back edge now, and I have planted some grasses in
them. I got a nice arrangement with some in the water, some out and some
overhanging. I want to get a few more to finish the back area up...pictures
are coming, I promise.

I also created a second small rock area near the front edge of the pond to
balance the larger rock area in the back. Variegated English thyme planted
in the crevasses.

I planted Ivy along the side edge (North end) where the retaining wall will
go eventually, and I have laid down turf grass seed everywhere, in hopes of
binding up the remaining clay. It seems to have stopped leaching into the
water, but I think the grass will help keep chunks from falling in.

My neighbor gave me about 1/2 dozen tree frog taddies. Every now and then we
still see one or two. Hope they make it.

The main pond area is graded and looking nice.

This weekend, if I get time and sun, I hope to finish the grading around the
VF. I also need to trim the VF liner, and plant the surrounding plants. I
hope to then split up my iris, and do a few other tasks.

I am close to done for this phase. Thanks for the continued support.

BV.