Old 21-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Theo van Daele

Default English ivy - Hedera helix

BV,

I have two kinds in my garden:

1) "invasive" (growing like mad & spreading):

http://www.wide-o.net/various/ivy_invasive.jpg

(wall, completely covered, do not use this if your house is older than say
20 years, and they used "chalk" in the cement)

2) non invasive, smaller, very nice to use as "filler":

http://www.wide-o.net/various/ivy_non_invasive.jpg

(lower left corner)

The invasive kind is spread by blackbirds eating the seeds & pooping all
around.

Is one of those remotely familiar to your kind ?

Both their latin name starts with "ivycus, not_a_cluedicus" ;-)

Theo

Neither of those describe my ivy either. Hmm. Time to install my plant
enclyopedia again...until then...I'll just say I have the standard the

Depot variety ivy, whose Latin name, if I am not mistaken, is "Ivicus,
buyitus by the flaticus".

BV.