Old 21-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Theo van Daele

Default Boohoo, suspende algae for the first time in 5 years :-(

It had to happen... pond gods not happy with me I guess.

I did everything to please them this year:

.. enlarged pond (quadrupled size)
.. used watercress for the first time in VF
.. increased waterflow
.. did not overstock
.. cleaned filters with pond water (not with hose, d'uh)
.. made sure it was impossible for run-off water to get into the pond
.. put all the rocks where they should be

Still, it only took 2 days of heavy "torrential" rains to make the water
cloudy.

Not a drama, I can see about 2 ft down, but still :-(

Do I need to sacrifice a firstborn ? ;-)

Theo