Old 21-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Theo van Daele

Default Boohoo, suspende algae for the first time in 5 years :-(

It had to happen... pond gods not happy with me I guess.

I did everything to please them this year:

.. enlarged pond (quadrupled size)
.. used watercress for the first time in VF
.. increased waterflow
.. did not overstock
.. cleaned filters with pond water (not with hose, d'uh)
.. made sure it was impossible for run-off water to get into the pond
.. put all the rocks where they should be

Still, it only took 2 days of heavy "torrential" rains to make the water
cloudy.

Not a drama, I can see about 2 ft down, but still :-(

Do I need to sacrifice a firstborn ? ;-)

Theo

Old 21-05-2003, 04:44 PM
K30a

Theo wrote Still, it only took 2 days of heavy "torrential" rains to make the
water
cloudy....
Do I need to sacrifice a firstborn ? ;-)

Not yet...
Try offering up a few new pond toys first.
A spitter, gazing ball or decorative stake.

k30a
Old 21-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Theo van Daele

A spitter, gazing ball or decorative stake.

Noooooo !!! Not the gazing ball !!!

Oh well, so much for me beating "mum nature" eh...

Theo

now wonders why we call nature "her", but wonders too much anyway ;-)

PS: on a more serious note: however much we think our ponds are "big", a bit
of rain show us that it's still a puddle...