Old 21-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default "Sheet of water" waterfall design

The slate has to be *absolutely* level left-to-right; there should be a very
slight dip forward, to the pond, rather than level. If it's level
forward/back, water has a tendancy to run backwards under the stone from the
lip (possible source of a water leak). The itsy-bitsy forward lean of the
rock ensures a good "shear" of the water off the rock lip.

Have fun!

Lee

"Keith and Wendy Slonecker" wrote in message
I would like to re-work my slate rock waterfall into one that has a large
flat top and the water "sheets" off in a solid wall of water into the

pond.
Does anyone have an inexpensive or creative design idea on this? Ive seen
them in the pond shops made out of a sheet of pre-formed hard plastic but
dont like the way that looks exactly. I just would like to try the

different
sound and profile that I've seen on some large scale ponds/fountains.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any advice.
wendy in Oregon