Old 21-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Zizz

Default wood preservative

"geoff" wrote in message

"R" wrote in message ...
I want to create some raised beds using some pieces of timber

Ross,

I suggest doing what I've done, use gravel board which comes pretreated

and
is reasonably priced. I've used 3 by 3 treated fence posts - cut to
appropriate length - at the corners using coach screws to secure the

gravel
board. I filled the beds with the soil surrounding them and put14mm
chippings around the beds. The largest of my 5 beds (asparagus) is only 8
feet square and the smallest containing rhubarb is 4ft by 3ft.

regards

Geoff

I watched a program a while back where they used pond liner tacked down to
some railway sleepers to stop the soil being contaminated by the
preservative and stopping the soil from leaking through!