Old 21-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Miriam

Default Perennial Sweet Pea Germination

"The Devil's Advocate"
wrote in message ...
If you have more seed I would put them straight in the

ground as the
perennial version will not stand having it's roots

damaged. Possibly you
were too early to start with and they rotted

Robert
"Kostas Kavoussanakis" wrote in

message

.np.hx...
:
: I sew some perennial sweet peas in loo rolls in

February, but I have
: seen no progress since then. Any tips?
:
: Thanks in advance,
: Kostas

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^
I can't think why this hasn't succeeded for you as I did the
same and I also
did it with sunflowers I put the loo rolls upright in
aseedtray so that they
supported each other. The sunflowers are brilliant. I have
juts put them out
in the garden supported by bamboo canes. Its been very windy
but they are
8 inches high and growing well. Its a good idea as the roots
don't get disturbed.