Old 22-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Flossie

Default Cat problem

Perhaps you could borrow a friends dog for a few days, scare the cat
senseless so it associates your yard with the dog... that worked for me.

"Andrew" wrote in message
Jock wrote:

http://www.pestproducts.com/cat_trap.htm
Jock

Many councils are now enforcing the same laws for cats found
off the owner's property as are already in place for dogs
(check with your local council). Trapping the animal and
sending it to the local pound may be a very good idea.
Deterrents simply send the cat along to the next
unsuspecting victim and the owner remains oblivious of the
destruction their sweet little cat is doing. Money is more
effective at changing owner behaviour than deterrents are at
changing pet behaviour. If you want to give the owners a
chance you could always attach a warning around its neck of
such future action should the cat be found on your property.
By warning I mean a letter, not a brick or similar. ;-)