Old 22-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Alice Gamewell

Default Tomato plants, falling buds , flowers

Are you sure its from spraying? Buds will sometimes fall to set fruit if
the temperature is not warm enough, it has nothing to do with spraying
with soap. What has the weather been like?

srk wrote:

Every two weeks I started sparying diluted dish washing soap and found
that plants are growing up very healthy but flowers /buds started
falling off. I found out after 2 months the reason is soap spray, I
never had one tomato even though they are very healthy . Initially I
thought it is because of too much nitrogen, and started feeding them
tomato bloom fertilizer. Still no fruits. Because of so many bugs
where I live in florida, I had to use the spray. Next time I will be
careful, but I don't have any other way to keep crawlers/bugs out. Any
suggestions?

Thanks
srk