Old 22-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Advice on growing tomatoes please

On 22 May 2003 03:44:14 GMT, (Frankhartx)
wrote:

Thank you for that help I will keep the feeding down to once a week at
all times and see what happens I dare say I am expecting too much from

Once a week? Madness.
i fetilize with Espoma Plant Tone tilled in about 1-2 weeks before planting out
and that's it until late in the season when a little fish emulsion boost MAY be
added.

I agree. Except possibly in the case of a very sandy soil,
where everything washes right through it.

I fertilize tomatoes with Tomatoes Alive! from Gardens
Alive! - when I remember it. Then I don't fertilize them
again. At all.

They are planted in fairly rich soil this year, as I've
amended our heavy clay with spent-mushroom soil.

Pat