Old 19-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Herbert Snowden

Default Advice on growing tomatoes please

I need help with tomatoes they never seem to grow that well in my
greenhouse or outside in the garden and them that do produce well are
fairly tasteless, what am I doing wrong?
Old 21-05-2003, 01:56 AM
Frankhartx

I wish I knew once the first truss set I feed with a tomato fertilzer
every week and when the fourth truss set I feed every other watering I
have changed the greenhouse soil dug in compost. What else can i do?

Sounds like you are overfeeding.
Old 22-05-2003, 04:56 AM
Frankhartx

Thank you for that help I will keep the feeding down to once a week at
all times and see what happens I dare say I am expecting too much from

Once a week? Madness.
i fetilize with Espoma Plant Tone tilled in about 1-2 weeks before planting out
and that's it until late in the season when a little fish emulsion boost MAY be
added.

Old 22-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Kevin Miller

I've had a terrible day... this post just cracks me up - I actually
laughed out loud after your reply

On Wed, 21 May 2003 02:12:50 GMT, Repeating Decimal
wrote:

in article , Herbert Snowden
at
wrote on 5/20/03 12:09 PM:

I wish I knew once the first truss set I feed with a tomato fertilzer
every week and when the fourth truss set I feed every other watering I
have changed the greenhouse soil dug in compost.

This is a sentence?

Bill