Old 22-05-2003, 01:32 PM
donald girod

Default getting rid of an ant hill

I'm in western New York state, and the ants are ordinary black ants. They
are not really a problem as such when they set up shop in the woods, but a
nuisance under the lawnmower.

"Patch" wrote in message

"donald girod" wrote in message
By any chance, will sprinkling borax on an ant hill eliminate the colony
(assuming a few dry days)? I have a number of ant hills (the kind that

will
get a couple of feet tall if you let them) starting in an area where I

mow,
and this is fairly undesirable. They could just go somewhere else, but

don't think they will. I think borax is effective against them, and it
seems to me that sprinkling it all over the exposed surface is going to

mess
them up pretty good, but what do I know?

What part of the country are you in & what kind of ants? If you're talking
about "fire-ants" they are hard to get rid of.