Old 22-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Pat Meadows

Default cauliflower question

On Thu, 22 May 2003 10:19:36 -0400, "Barbara Beardsley"
wrote:

Hi
This is my first time growing cauliflower- when I was a kid, I seem to
remember my mother tying up the leaves around the head to keep it "white", I
read this is not necessary with some of the new varieties. The kind I bought
is Brassica oleracea, it says the wrapper leaves provide coverage but do not
envelope the entire head, allowing for good air circulation. So, do I tie
the leaves or not?
Thanks

*All* cauliflowers are brassica oleracea (as are cabbage,
kale, broccoli, kohlrabi, brussels sprouts, and maybe
others), so that doesn't really tell you anything.

Those are the generic (brassica) and species (oleracea)
names.

If you know the variety name, maybe you could find
information about it via Google.

Pat