Old 22-05-2003, 07:32 PM
jo

Default Suggestions for an evergreen screen?

"Allview" wrote in message
I'm open to any and all suggestions. We're talking southeastern clay

soil
in southern zone 7.

I don't know much about your zone but pyracantha is natural looking and it
provides berries and nesting cover for the birds. Mine grows in clay with

no
care whatever.

Marilyn in Ohio

Thanks Marilyn, just looked it up and there are 2 types that would do well
in our area. Nice color for fall, too.

The birds are plentiful in this area, sounds like an awakening jungle in the
morning. I'm sure they won't complain about extra berries. We've been
watching everything from hummingbirds to hawks. It's been a really great
change for us.
Jo