Old 22-05-2003, 10:56 PM
paghat

Default Suggestions for an evergreen screen?

In article , "jo"
wrote:

"Big Wave" wrote in message
Maybe try variations of pine or holly trees - both are fast growing and
suited for the zone you live in. I'm in South Carolina so I'm familiar

with
the climate.

Here's a helpful tree site:
http://www.state.sc.us/forest/refsel.htm

I don't know why, but holly never even occurred to me.
Definately can use that.

I briefly considered pine trees, but thought they would grow too wide and be
too airy to be an effective screen.
Thanks for your reply.
Jo

I think holly can be nasty if you need to work or walk around the area,
but Japanese holly has nonstickery tiny evergreen leaves, & there are
cultivars for almost any height one wishes. If put in a lot of sun they'll
need a lot of watering though.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"