Old 23-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Diane Mancino

Default Black Haired Dendrobiums

I just acquired a Green Lantern Den that is in this "black hair" group from
the raffle table at our OS meeting. 2 old blooms left, i didn't think much
till i got it home and started reading up on it. 3 canes on this one- don't
know how big it gets, only that It will bloom 2x a year and the bloom is
nice- the fragrance has faded
http://www.clanorchids.com/culture/txt002.htm

http://www.alohaorchid.com/orchid/De...dendrobium.htm

A noble type which is new for me- it is sitting in a s/e window where it
gets a few hours morning sun. Still with blooms , so I'm not repotting. I
get confused as to which Dend needs to rest, & temp requirements- I'm just
grouping all the Dends together on the windowsill where they can get some
sun and less watering, and keep from falling over- need a better pot I think
& will start using plant tags to label plant care

Diane

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Gene,

Posting that picture in 60 seconds.

Diana

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
link.net...
Gene,

I have loads of Dends, and one of the hirsute varieties, Hiroshi

Tokunaga
(D. infindibulum x D. Dawn Marie), which is currently in bloom. Your
description of the flower is perfect! I got this at the Ft. Lauderdale

show
about three years ago. It has thrown off a couple of keikis which have

yet
to bloom.

The majority of my Dends are in rock or aliflor, but this one seems to

care
more for a CHC based mix.

I'll see if I have a photo on my disk, to post on abpo. If not, I'll

try
get at the camera tomorrow.

Diana