Old 23-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Tim Tyler

Default The dangers of weed killers - Glyphostae aka Roundup, the hidden killer.

In uk.rec.gardening Robert Seago wrote:
: BAC wrote:

: In which case we probably don't regard the food source as toxic at all. Or
: not - in which case the toxins remain toxic to humans, and we presumably
: have learned to avoid ingestion, or to process the food so as to reduce the
: toxicity to levels we consider acceptable. Similar to how we might deal with
: foods we know to have been treated with 'artificial' toxins, really.

: TBH there will have been no pressure to make us more able to cope
: withthese toxins, unless they had been potent enough to kill off
: individuals before they breed.

Not entirely accurate - since there's non-fatal damage which reduces
fertility before breeding - and parental care - to consider.
--