Old 23-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Lynda Thornton

Default Frogbit, water hyacinth - opinions, and dwarf water lily recommendation?

Hi

I like my current water barrel feature so much that I'm thinking of
getting another one, or even two ... the ones I've seen are about 28"
diameter and 18" high. I would be thinking of still water for these as
I have a little fountain in my current one.

I'd love to have a dwarf water lily, and some floating plants as well
and have seen both frogbit and water hyacinth which look pretty, have
flowers and don't seem to present much of a problem. Are they both
relatively hardy and low maintenance?

Which water lily would be happy in that size of barrel?

Thanks for your opinons!
--
Lynda Thornton