Old 23-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Ol' Thornfinger

Default Where? Is best source of roses?

"Shiva" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.08006e33623dc783da4c743a6d1e760e @1053700808.cotse.net...
Roger wrote:

I guess by nature, I am a complainer, so here goes.

If so, you certainly set yourself up for enjoying your hobby by buying
your roses at the worst possible place. People who buy roses at the box
stores deserve what they get. You get what you pay for. Bagged bare
root "Tyler Texas" roses were on sale at Home Depot, Lowes, and KMart for
$3.99 to $7.99 in my area. Why? Because at least 50% of their roots have
been cut off and they are not generally grade 1 roses.

Order your bare root roses online from reputable distributors like S&W
Greenhouse or reputable nurseries like Edmund's, Ashdown, or Jackson and
Perkins. Or, from decent local garden centers and nurseries. You will pay
$13 to $20 but you will receive big healthy bare roots, and if not they
will usually replace them.

I would reccommend Chamblee's.
http://www.chambleeroses.com
Good prices and great roses.
Austin's are 9.95 the rest are 7.95.
They are also in Texas...!
Just got a Cherokee and a Belinda's Dream
from them a couple weeks ago...