Old 23-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Jane Ransom

Default Frogbit, water hyacinth - opinions, and dwarf water lily recommendation?

In article , Lynda Thornton
writes
.

I'd love to have a dwarf water lily, and some floating plants as well
and have seen both frogbit and water hyacinth which look pretty, have
flowers and don't seem to present much of a problem. Are they both
relatively hardy and low maintenance?

Water hyacinth is definitely not hardy - you will loose it in the first
winter.

Frogbit is as tough as old boots but:
1. mine has never flowered though it has gone forth and multiplied like
billyoh.
2. it dies back in the winter and falls to the bottom of the pond to
resurface about May time. It will also multiply like mad!!

Which water lily would be happy in that size of barrel?

A tiny one - don't know any names - but the tiniest ones are often very
expensive (
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,