Old 23-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Chris Tondreau

Default Scarlet Runner Beans - OK for kids?

Thanks for the info. However, aren't the beans/pods of the castor bean
toxic?

Jacqui

"Natty Bumpo" wrote in message
Hi, Chris!

Scarlet Runners are safe for kids, pets and wildlife. As another
suggestion, why don't you try castor bean seeds. They would be much
more attractive.

Chris Tondreau wrote:
Hello!

I want to put some plants in to cover a very dull fence. I have young
children and am looking for something non-toxic & decorative. I know

the
beans of scarlet runner beans are edible, but what about the flowers?

Are
these child friendly plants? Any other suggestions? My children are

always
supervised when outdoors, but you can never be too careful.

TIA,

Jacqui