Old 24-05-2003, 06:35 AM
Larry

Default Seeking Advice on my Memorial Day Lawnmower Purchase!

BlankHello,
I live out here in Snoqualmie Washington... a 30 minute drive from Seattle
east towards the cascade mountains! As you may already know of Seattle, it
rains alot here!! Even more so of the neighboring "sleepy" rural farm lands
and valleys that sock in the moisture... so much that it can be double the
75 inches annual rainfall that Seattle gets. Heck I don't even have to
water... I mean never... nothin lawn flower anything!!!

Here is my delemna... I live on a .44 acre lot that has grass that grows so
fast that I could easily mow two times a week just to keep up! I first
considererd a "riding lawnmower"... you know the drill here... John Deere,
CrapTsman, Toro etc... I like the Idea of the John Deere L series but not
sure if it fits my whole picture for... YES, I do have some narrower
walkways to mow including the 3 foot strip between the sidewalk and street
not to mention a couple trees and beds!

I would like a riding lawn mower but just think that I will still need to
get a self-propelled one to finish the job.... So, I am leaning towards a
self-propelled at this very moment... I want something beefy with a good
horsepower that has a HUGE bag (well at least the biggest I can get) along
with the biggest deck resonably possible so that I can cut my mowing time
down... And, oh YEA, it would be damn nice to be able to even mow when the
grass is wet or in the least can be done when the morning dew is still
around... say after 9AM so I don't **** off the neighbors!!

I'm considering the new Honda aluminum deck commercial/master series or a
Toro with a 22 inch deck 6 1/2 hp... Don't know what to think of the
electric start feature they have...

What do you think... If anyone is out there that could help me out I would
appreciate it...

I hope you all have a happy safe weekend...

ThANKS
Larry