Old 24-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

Default Water Quality posting 4 Reka

I would vote for B, adjusting the pH downward to the 6.0-6.5 range via
fertilizer alone, or other pH-adjuster additions. The fact is, there's not
THAT much difference.

The HCO3 content may be due to carbonates in the water source's geology, but
can be somewhat affected by gases absorbed from the atmosphere, so may
change. The µS/cm (microSiemens/cm) is a measure of electrical
conductivity, which is related to the dissolved ionic species, hence the
TDS, and both seem fairly high.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com