Old 24-05-2003, 03:08 PM

Default Algae Destroyer Liquid

"-=Almazick=-" wrote in message t.net...
Would you add just a little bit to your planted tank to keep your algae in
control. The last time when I added the recommended dosage, it killed all
my algae with my live plants. Now I'm thinking just to add 1/10 dosage but
would it hurt my live plants?

Does this product grow plants? Is it a nutrient? If not, don't use it.
If you want to grow plants, which I'd assume is your goal, focus on
growing the plants rather than killing algae.

Algicides are a fruitless path for the aquatic gardener in the long
run and in the short run. They are not needed in a planted tank nor
ever were.
A new one comes along about every 2-3 years, some claim plants are not
affected. But is it a plant nutrient?

Algae forms when the plants don't grow well. So by growing the plants
well you will reduce/eliminate algae. Typically a nutrient runs out
after the plants do well for awhile, then they stunt/stop growing and
the algae takes over.

Regards,
Tom Barr