Old 24-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Lorne

Default Newbie question - perennial problem.

I bought a new house late last fall - the old one had pavement and grass,
this one has plants that grow and apparently thrive. I'm just now
getting to figuring out what the heck we have in the yard. One perennial
isn't looking good. Here are some pictures

http://www.members.shaw.ca/r262/Picture%20001.jpg
http://www.members.shaw.ca/r262/Picture%20002.jpg
http://www.members.shaw.ca/r262/Picture%20004.jpg

A full shot, and a couple of closeups.

I'm guessing drought damage - we had a hot dry summer with incredible
moisture problems (watering bans, showering bans, etc) and I can't vouch
for how much the plant was watered during the summer, after we bought but
before we took possession of the house. So on one side, nice and green,
on the other brown and brittle.

What is the recommended course of action to repair this? I'm game for
anything - in a learning mode.

BTW, this bush/tree/shrub has a name, which is...?
--
Lorne Sundby