Old 24-05-2003, 10:08 PM
montana

Default Newbie question - perennial problem.

In article ,
ospam (Susan Fein) wrote:

x-no-archive: yes

BTW, this bush/tree/shrub has a name, which is...?
--
Lorne Sundby

Arborvitae, looks like an emerald (brighter green) arborvitae. It's an
evergreen shrub, though, not a perennial. perennials are plants that die
back
in winter and reappear the next spring.

Looks like it got baked and not watered enough, since they do fine in full
sun,
otherwise.

I don't think it'll regrow the dead parts.

Good news is that they're inexpensive to replace.

Susan

I'm piggybacking to second this advice. You can mess around trying to
save this Arborvitae but it's never going to look "right" again. While I
don't like Arborvitae in general, I do like the fact that so many small
birds love them, and I guess if I were going to say anything about
replacing it, I might suggest putting two in.

And aside from the good suggestion that this may not have had enough
water, I also see that kind of damage from road salt spray or winter
freezing. Since I have no idea where you are, these other causes may be
way off the mark...