Old 24-05-2003, 10:20 PM
montana

Default Protecting Plums

In article nk.net,
"Jim" wrote:

I have a fairly new plum tree that looks like it will bear some fruit this
year. There are at least 12 plums that I can see. I am really excited. Do
I have to net the tree or any thing to keep the plums from being squirrel,
possum, or bird food?

We have a "Japanese Plum" which bears fruit every now and again (not
regularly). and the critters pretty much left them alone. It wasn't
until they were quite ripe or on the ground that there was a great deal
of interest.

Since we have no real use for a tree full of plums, we're pretty happy
to share them...

Sometimes people put onion bags or other "netting" like that over select
bunches of fruit.