Old 25-05-2003, 01:56 AM
Daniel Hanna

Default Thirps

In Brazil wrote:
2 weeks ago I found that I had Black spot as well as Thrips on my 15
potted roses. Went to the nursery and picked up some Orthanex. This
has cleared up the Black Spot, but my buds and blooms are still coming
in deformed. Can anyone help me with this problem.

Steve, if Orthenex is a systemic insecticide then the thrips would
surely have been killed. However it won't undo the damage thrips would
have caused to your buds when they were still alive.

I'd suggest waiting a few weeks more and see how you go...