Old 25-05-2003, 01:56 AM
Joe Doe

Default Bell peppers and rabbits, raccoons, possums, etc.

In article , Libralove
wrote:

Yep, I think you nailed it. If you work during the day and are not home to
guard them, it is most likely a nervy neighbor too cheap to purchase
produce.

Well I have a Fig tree and am yet to eat one fig but I think it is the
birds that are gettting them - I wait till they ripen, they wait till
they ripen, they get them when they are perfectly ripe. I also thought it
might be someone off the street because the tree has alley access, but
occasionally see half eaten figs on the tree so am pretty sure it is
wildlife of some sort. Try bird netting on your peppers and see if
they survive. You could also try enclosing the maturing fruit in hose, or
clear plastic bag with a few holes punched in for air and see if they
survive.

Roland