Old 25-05-2003, 04:32 AM
Hussein M.

Default Japanese Maple

On Tue, 20 May 2003 22:35:27 +0100, "shannie" wrote:

I planted a Japanese Maple last spring, it was about 4' tall, in an East
facing front garden not terribly well sheltered by northern winds, sun in
the morning shade in the afternoon, but I've a feeling this was all wrong
The leaves are speckled white and ragged. Question is can I move it at
this time or wait till later in the year, and would it prefer a container to
the garden?

Hi,

Mine looked the way you describe for a year or two after it was planted (same height as
yours too). There is no trace of the whitening you describe this year though and the
plant is luxuriant. It's a dissectum which I suppose is one of the more fragile ones.

If you like yours where it is then you could give it another year to see if it recovers as
mine did. I think in their earlier years (after transplanting) they hate their roots to
get dried out in the summer and I think that's why mine had such a hard time.

Regards and good luck

Huss
Grow a little garden

spam block - for real addy, reverse letters of second level domain.