Old 25-05-2003, 06:56 AM
Hung Le

Default [IBC] Juniper Jin and Shari

I hope one day to turn my Shimpaku,Kishu, Itoegawa into something with a
lot of jins and Sharis. I alway admire those pitures of juniper trees from
Bonsai Today. Some with the almost paper thin wood and two veins running up
the tree. Are those natural Jin and Shari or not ? or it had been carved
out when the trees are young ? What techniques to use in order to achieve
the look of those trees ?

John Naka said" You are chicken....I am chicken .....NO Bonsai"
I had been sliced 3/4 of the trund and some braches and gave a little twist
before wiring to achieve the bare wood and veins. I am also aware the
techniques would slow down the growth of that tree but do not know other
techniques.
Do you think the bare wood will get bigger with time or not ?

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++