Old 25-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Bob Alston

Default CO2 tank dumps?

Take a look at my web site. Scroll down to the last two items on end of
tank dump.

http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/...Pressure%20CO2

--
Bob Alston

http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/
"Skunky" wrote in message

OK, I have now managed to set up my pressurized set up. I am using a
twin gauge Deltec regulator with needle valve, an Aquamedic bubble
counter, with a 14lb bottle, feeding the CO2 directly to the intake of
my Eheim Pro II 2028.

Firstly, I have set the regulator pressure @ 1 bar, is this enough?

Bubble rate is 1 bubble per second.

Now to my main worry, TANK DUMPS!!!

I have read a few horror stories about bottles dumping their last load
of CO2 into the tank when they are coming to the end, killing all the
inhabitants. Can this catastrophy be avoided and if so, how?

Many thanx for your much needed advice!

Planted Discus tank. (300 litres)

Temp - 84

NH3 - 0

NO2 - 0

NO3 - 20mg/l

pH - 6.5

KH - 2 degrees

GH - 8 degrees

--
Skunky

'Peace On Earth.....And In The Water'

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

---
Bob's Dell 4400 - Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.