Old 01-03-2003, 10:52 PM
LeighMo

Default Purple Cobomba

I have a plant that was sold to me as purple Cabomba. Not sure of the species
name, but it looks exactly like regular Cabomba caroliniana, only it's purple.
Not Barney-purple, a sort of reddish purple, like the color of purple or red
grapes. In really bright light, it turns a pretty yellow-red color.

If this is what your LFS has, it's easy to keep. No different than regular
Cabomba. The color will be most striking in high light, but it grows in
moderate light. (And in fact gets thicker. The internode length shortens up
in moderate lighting, making it bushier.)

Leigh