Old 25-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Jane Ransom

Default Frogbit, water hyacinth - opinions, and dwarf water lily recommendation?

In article , Lynda Thornton
writes

Frogbit is as tough as old boots but:
1. mine has never flowered though it has gone forth and multiplied like
billyoh.
2. it dies back in the winter and falls to the bottom of the pond to
resurface about May time. It will also multiply like mad!!

I should have said that when it comes to the surface in May sometime, it
doesn't look anything like frogbit!! Each bit looks like little dark
green rugby ball shaped bean about the size of a small wood louse or
largish ant!! The leaves slowly sprout from this pod.

I might give the hyacinth a miss which is a pity as it looked an
attractive plant

That's what I thought and I gave it a try. Even brought it inside in the
winter - but it didn't seem to get enough light as it still died

to have but not if it needs lots of TLC and faff! I
might try the frogbit and see what happens and investigate the
possibilities of a teeny weeny water lily at an affordable price

Good luck
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,