Old 25-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Gail Futoran

Default A young rose that's never bloomed. Help?

"Ali" wrote in message
news
I've got a four year old rosebush that grew from seed (a
volunteer - I
didn't plant it, nor is it like any of our other roses)

that has never
bloomed, though it appears to be quite happy and healthy.

Like all the other
roses I have, it gets compost, banana peels once in a

while, and a handful
of epson salts. All the other roses are doing great and

ready to bloom, but
still this one hasn't, and never has.

Is it just too young and I'm expecting too much of a

from-seed rose? Or am I
not doing the right things for it?

Any help would be appreciated. I can take a digital pic of

it and put it on
my website if it'd help in a diagnosis.

Thanks,

Ali

Are you sure it grew from seed? I transplanted
a Floribunda last year and this year a "new"
rose is coming up in its (old) place. That would
be the rootstock, of course. If it's Dr. Huey
and blooms (spring, red) I might keep it. If
it's some other rootstock that never blooms,
I will probably shovel prune it.

Gail
San Antonio TX Zone 8