Old 25-05-2003, 10:56 PM
jammer

Default Yellow lily pads

Ok, i'll pinch them, but the leaves aren't that old. .....

On Sun, 25 May 2003 21:38:22 GMT, "Gail Futoran"
wrote:

"jammer" j@mmer wrote in message
.. .
My water lily went from 5 to 14 leaves in no time. Then a

baby pad was
yellow so i picked it off. Now 2 more are yellow.

Everything else is
fine and thriving. What do i do!!??

They get that way at the end of their lifespan.
If the other leaves look healthy, there shouldn't
be any problem, just pinch off the yellow
leaf. Eventually the stem will turn brown &
yucky. I usually follow that down to the pot
and pull it out, too. It comes out very easily
once it has reached the yucky stage.

Lately I've been pinching off healthy leaves
since too much of the water surface was
being covered. The plant doesn't seem to care.

Gail
San Antonio TX Zone 8