Old 25-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Joe Doe

Default Bell peppers and rabbits, raccoons, possums, etc.

In article , wrote:

Please don't use the webbing. Once your fig tree gets bigger there will

be more
than enough for you and the birds. My neighbor has figs coming out her ears in
her 10 year old trees, while my get eaten, but every year there are more

for me
even with the birds.

Actually, the tree is about 20-25 feet tall and was covered with hundreds
of fruit and I still did not get any. I do not intend to buy bird
netting or try to disuade the birds in any way - I think the netting would
be very ugly on a tree so large and would probably cost me quite a bit, be
a chore to install and remove and have the problem of trapping some
wildlife inadevertently - I would rather spend the money at HEB or Central
Market and buy the figs rather than risk the above.

I suggested netting to the person with the pepper problem because the
plants are more compact and they could drape it around more easily.

Roland