Old 26-05-2003, 12:20 AM
shannie

Default Living screen??

"Ron" wrote in message

Shan,

It sounds like the oil tank is yours so I'm assuming it is.

Indeed, bad place as far as aesthetics are concerned, but the only place
with access to the road for the tanker.

However, if it cannot be screened, have you thought of hiding it?
Hide it under some plant which scrambles all over it.
I suggest you cover the tank with some durable and strong plastic netting

(I can enviseage using some polypropylene fishing net) then plant and train
some creeping plants to cover it.

Something I had intended doing, however the oilman decided to take a
shortcut through the front garden instead of the side and planted his big
size 9s right in the middle of a young ornamental quince,
smashed it to pieces, then scrambled over the wall dragging the oil line
through the border ....the screen is to hide the tank and put the oilman
off doing further damage so if I grow a plant over the tank Im afraid it'll
be damaged too

There are many experts on the ng who can suggest plants which might do

well
in Ireland but Roman vine comes to mind for speed! Then there's a few
evergreen clematis which someone must be able to recommend but whatever
plant, I think it needs to be evergreen.

Agreed, and fairly well hardy too.....Just as an aside, would evergreen
clematis stand up to the northerly wind and icy rain it brings with
it?....Im thinking perhaps I could grow it through something like forsythina
that David suggested (thanks David)

Hope this helps.

Regards

Geoff