Old 26-05-2003, 12:32 AM
shannie

Default Japanese Maple

"Hussein M." wrote in message
The leaves are speckled white and ragged. Question is can I move it at
this time or wait till later in the year, and would it prefer a container

the garden?

Hi,

Mine looked the way you describe for a year or two after it was planted

(same height as
yours too). There is no trace of the whitening you describe this year

though and the
plant is luxuriant. It's a dissectum which I suppose is one of the more

fragile ones.

If you like yours where it is then you could give it another year to see

if it recovers as
mine did. I think in their earlier years (after transplanting) they hate

their roots to
get dried out in the summer and I think that's why mine had such a hard

time.

Ahhh...that my have been the problem had some health probs last year and
things like watering were very sporadic. I do like it where I have it,
another poster suggested some form of screen too...Im redoing the whole
front garden come autumn and would like to leave it, so will probably put a
shrub on it's northerly side to screen it somewhat. I'll give it lots of tlc
and water this summer see how it goes

Regards and good luck

Huss
Grow a little garden