Old 26-05-2003, 01:32 AM
RifRaf

Default Algae Destroyer Liquid

Algae forms when the plants don't grow well. So by growing the plants
well you will reduce/eliminate algae. Typically a nutrient runs out
after the plants do well for awhile, then they stunt/stop growing and
the algae takes over.

/rant on
Which sounds EXACTLY where I'm at right now!!!
I'm tired of DIY CO2....so, I'm looking at CO2 cylinders.
I'm tired of rapid water chemistry changes....so I'm going to double
my tank size.
Going to use Flourite next time. Going to increase lighting power
with the new tank too.

I'm getting SO fed up with this algae!

On a side note, I started adding KNO3 after finding that it was 0ppm.
I got it up to 10ppm over a 4 day period and stopped adding.

The tank started getting VERY green. Re-measured. ~30ppm and 2 dead
Ottos!!!

Man....I had NO idea what I was in for when starting this *hobby*. I
feel like a backyard chemist.
/rant off

Chris