Old 26-05-2003, 04:20 AM
Leroy

Default getting rid of an ant hill

Carpenter ants were easy for me. I must have had thousands of them in my
garage only. I could hear them crunching on the wood. and i was 4 feet away
from them.
I could see them makeing there way to the area above the garage. I used
broom handle to bump stuff around to see if it made a difference. they were
nesting in a hollow core door. I went a bought some ant killer and sprayed
the area good then got some gasoline and put it in a safe area on the
gravel driveway and got the water hose ready to put out a grass fire. Drug
the door out while freaking out that they would pour out of there and eat me
up like they do cows in africa. i gently put the door down and poured gas in
the only crack on the one side and the door hinge holes. put the gas can 10
feet away. stood back a flipped matches at it. Those were herking ants. they
came out of the flames and headed to the house i had more ant spray for
those. the door was still freaking me out. the ant kept comming out and the
flames were gone. I had to wait until i was sure no more flames existed or
risk putting myself on the darwinian award list. i doused the door again and
again the ants pour out of there like they were headed for the crazy day
sales. i had to stomp some of them becase i could get to the spray as fast
as they were moving. There was enough ants in that door to carry the door
with a load of ants on top.

My suggestion when you have carpenter ants is find the wood they prefere and
get a hollow core door for them to feed on and nest in and after a few weeks
maybe you can get a bag of plastic big enough to put the door in and gas
them with a ant fog. The method i tried was out of desperation because of
nightmares of carpenter ants eating my house up.

wrote in message
"Jimmy Bundrick" wrote:
read this: http://www.hdra.org.uk/factsheets/pc1.htm

HA! Try moping up fire or carpenter ants, Jimmy.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/