Old 26-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Ian

Default Worms and other crawlers in my pond

"K30a" wrote in message
Ian wrote Is it normal to have worms (look like common earth worms) and

some
white
thingies that look a bit like snails without the shells (or grubs or
something, about an inch or so long) in one's pond?

Yes, the number of critters that live in water is huge.

I've even seen a goldfish try to eat one of the white thingies, hangs

out
the mouth an inch or so.

This one though.... almost sounds like anchor worm.

Go here
http://users.megapathdsl.net/~solo/p...se/disease.htm

and look under parasites, the last one listed.

k30a

Nope, these are relatively large, about an inch or so in length, a good 1/4"
in width, not on the fish but hanging out in the pond.