Old 26-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Timothy

Default Water pressure for hose

On Mon, 26 May 2003 12:32:04 +0000, groggey wrote:

we have city water so the well pump is out of the question

Can I ask the city to look at it? Is there a pressure regulator any where
for that?

Yes, you should be able to ask the water department to come and pressure
test your line. This may or may not cost money and the way I figure it, I'd
spend the 10 dollars on a screw on tester.
There could/should be a regulator at the street with your water meter. At
least that's where mine is. I could be possible that your street pressure
is low but if that was the case your shower, toilet, sinks,washers ..ect,
would be affected with this low pressure. If your whole house has low
pressure, then I'd suspect the street pressure is low. If only your
sprinklers have low pressure issues, then I'd suspect the sprinklers. Is
it possible that their clogged with dirt/rust..ect? If the sprinklers look
good, then I'd suspect the the faucets themselves. Could they be corroded
and not be opening all the way?
I would also take my sprinklers over to a neighbors house and test them on
their system to see if they are the same or possibly to a friends house
thats not on your local water system to check your sprinklers flow. Good
luck watering.
--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com